Starksboro People
 John or Elihu Roberts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mroberts

1 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  7:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am looking for information on my great-grandfather, Elihu M. Roberts, and his father, John Roberts. My research says that John and his wife, Patience, had eight children; David, Lovey, Mary, Elihu, Stephen, Hester, son, James L., the last five apparently born in Vermont and the last four of those born in Starksboro. Elihu married Ruth Sargent about 1835. They had three daughters, Anna, Julia, and Sarah Jane.
I would appreciate any information possible or who would be a good source for such information.

jbrbnk

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  07:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regretfully I don't have anything except the parents of Ruth (see below). I have many Starksboro families and would be interested in obtaining more data on the Roberts. Write me direct at jbrbnk@wcvt.com

MOSES SARGENT (David, David, Philip, William, William), b. 8 Jan 1776 Newton, NH, d. 1 Nov 1842 Lincoln VT, m. (1) Anna ?; m. (2) 16 Feb 1820 Sally, dau. of Ebenezer DURFEE/DURFEY/DURPHY, b. 14/19 Apr 1789 Cornwall, CT, d. 21 Jan 1869. Sally had previously been married to Chase, son of James & Abial (Chase) LAMOS.
Go to Top of Page

jbrbnk

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  09:03:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found Elihu across Lake Champlain from VT in NY: 1850 Census, Chateaugay, Franklin Co. NY: Elihu 31 VT (farmer), Ruth 49 NH, Anna 14 NY, Julia 13 NY, Jane 9 NY, Henry NY.

ELIHU ROBERTS, b. c1819 VT, d.___, m. c1835 Ruth S., dau. of Moses & Sally (Durfee) SARGENT, b. c1801 NH

Children:
i. Anna, b. c1836 NY
ii. Julia, b. c1837 NY
iii. Sarah Jane, b. c1841 NY
iv. Henry, b. c1848 NY
Go to Top of Page

tgeorge

1 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2012 :  12:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mroberts--Do you have any dates for John and/or Patience? I have just located them in my own tree and am also looking for info on them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Starksboro Historical Society Query Board © 2005-2008 Starksboro Historical Society Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000