Grace Family
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

debikoff

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  5:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to locate a marriage and death date for my great,great grandmother Lucinda Grace born abt 1832 in Maine. Her family relocated to Starksboro about 1848. Her father was James Grace b.1783 in Maine and her mother was Mary b. 1800 in Maine. The Grace children were Mary A.born abt 1819, John R b. 1820, Alice b. 1822, Louisa b.1829, Lucinda b. 1832, and James H. b. 1835. Louisa married Leonard Haskins from Starksboro on 24 April 1844 they had the famous triplets on May 24,1861. President Abraham Lincoln named the triplets. I believe Lucinda was married in starksboro between 1850 and 1856 to James Able Vincent born 1817 in England. The 1850 Starksboro census shows Lucinda Green (Grace) living with her step father,James Haskins and her mother Mary with Mary A, and James H. Do you have a marriage date for James Haskins and Mary Grace?

Can you confirm James Grace, Lucinda's father died in Starksboro or Huntington, Chittenden, Vt around 1848? When her sister, Louisa Haskins had triplets, I wonder if Lucinda came to help her with the babies and perhaps got sick and died. She could have possibly died there sometime between Jun 1860 and Nov 1861. In Jun 1860 Ellenburg, Clinton Co. New York census, Lucinda was living with her husband James Able Vincent and 2 young children.

I hope you will have some exciting information for me about Lucinda's death and marriage. Thank you Debi

Debi Kofford

Jeff Alexander

8 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  2:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Debi,

I did not find answers to your specific questions, however I did find some interesting information that you may, or may not, know:

In the www.familysearch.org database "Vermont Vital Records 1760-1954, I found the death certificate of Louisa (Grace) Haskins, died June 11, 1880, Lincoln, VT, of consumption, aged 51 yrs, 5 mo, 20 days, born Maine, daughter of James Grace and Mary.

In the same database, I found the death certificate of her brother John Grace, died May 3, 1899, Starksboro, VT, aged 79 yrs, 3 mo, 1 d of heart failure, born Clinton, Maine, son of James Grace and Mary.

John's second (Feb. 14, 1883, Starksboro, VT to Mary A. Comstock) and third (June 1, 1889, Starksboro, VT to Helen M. Hoyt) marriage records provide the name of his mother: Mary Brasier/Brazier.

Hopefully, the identity of the town they were from and the maiden name of Mary will help you further your research. If I find anything further on your line, I'll post again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Starksboro Historical Society Query Board © 2005-2008 Starksboro Historical Society Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000